Friday, December 15, 2017

The bullet train of life


Wow! Has it really been over two years since my last blog post? I guess that just goes to show how fast time flies when your'e juggling work, kids, church, school, responsibilities and such so much  that you kinda forget that you even had a blog :) But in all seriousness, I feel like life is moving too fast and I'm just watching it zip by.. does anyone else ever feel like that? Like your not really in control of your own life, just a spectator that gets all these great memories but not really feel as if  you got to truly enjoy what happened. Of course with raising kids this is greatly amplified, one minute they are in diapers and the next they are driving! There is nothing more rewarding and terrifying all at once than raising children. You try to savor every good moment (the "I love you"s, the birthdays, Christmas' and happy times) all the while wishing  they would grow up (stop making messes, be potty trained, and stop fighting with their siblings) but not too fast. I really wish, just as every parent does I'm sure, that life had a pause button. One where every good time could be paused and thoroughly and completely enjoyed. In reality, the true problem that  we have is that we look at life, and time in general, as a whole and by that I mean that everyone feels, on a daily basis, as if they are going to live forever or at least to a ripe old age. Only when we get those scary experiences, the near death/bad diagnosis'/close calls, do we get a, often temporary, jolt into the reality that all we have is the here and now. If we could all live our lives with this vigor of living in the moment, in the Horace's Carpe Diem style of seizing the day not the pop culture's #yolo of do whatever dumb idea that comes into your head kind of attitude. I guess am just trying to challenge us all to go out and live today like it's your last, be the parent that your  kids think you are, be the employee that you would want to hire, be the friend that would drop what they are doing or come over in the middle of the if needed, be the church member that your Pastor hopes for, be the citizen that your country needs. Just be the person today that you'll not regret being someday on your death bed. And me, hopefully I'll be the guy that blogs more than once every two years, but if not then in between I truly hope and pray that I will live every moment like it was my last on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment